Recipe: Honey Mango Chipotle Pork Chops
Summary: Sweet, spicy and tangy glazed pork chops. Great grilled or oven baked.
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Hollow Bbq Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 – 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (canned)
- 2 Tbsp Adobo Sauce from the can
- 2 Tsp Lime juice
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 Mango
- 8 Thin cut pork chops on the bone
- Peel the mango and chop it into large pieces
- Puree the mango in th food processor or blender
- Chop chipotle pepper until well mined
- In a small pot add bbq sauce, honey, lime juice and adobo sauce
- cook sauce long enough to bring to a low boil
- Add chipotle pepper and cilantro
- Remove the sauce from the heat and allow to cool completely
- Add pureed mango to the sauce
- Grill or bake pork chops unti almost completely done.
- 5 minutes before pork chops are done use a pastry brush or spoon to spread glaze over pork chops.
- Continue to grill or bake until glaze is hot.
- Serve with fresh green beans, mashed potatoes and a salad.
Be sure to apply glaze only towards the end of the cooking process or it will burn. This glaze does not hold up to long cooking times as it does not caramelize well.
This recipe is not spicy. The chipotle gives it just enough kick to be a nice heat in your mouth but it is far from hot. If you prefer to have more heat then simply add more chipotle.
If you don’t have lime juice you can substitute orange juice or lemon juice.
Regular bbq sauce works just as well as gluten free, sugar free bbq sauce.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Diet type: Meat Eaters
Diet Restrictions: Gluten free , Sugar Free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.