Recipe: Apple Salsa
Summary: A light summer salsa made with fresh and healthy ingredients
- 6 Fuji Apples peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup finely diced green apples
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced purple onion
- 3 finely diced jalapeños
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup Clearly Canadian Loganberry seltzer
- 3 tablespoons peach juice
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- apple juice for soaking
- Pour enough apple juice into a bowl to cover chopped apples. Roughly 2 cups. Add 1 cup of water to apple juice.
- Chop up your apples. Be sure to chop them under cold running water. This helps keep the apples from browning while you are chopping.
- Soak chopped apples in apple juice/water mixture while you continue to chop the remainder of the ingrediants.
- Once all the ingredients are chopped remove apples from juice/water mixture and add to the remaining ingredients.
- mix all the ingredients together and chill for at least one hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Add more or less cilantro according to taste.
Add a pinch of garlic salt for additional flavor.
Substitute fruit and vegetables for fruit and vegetables of your choice.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Gluten free, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (General)