Summary: This burger was a huge experiment that paid off. The mushrooms and tofu hold together nicely and the flavor is rich and zesty. As someone who eats regular hamburgers, I thoroughly enjoyed this tofu mushroom burger.
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms (as finely as you wish)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Drew’s Roasted Garlic and Peppercorn Dressing
- Mix Brown rice flour, steel cut oats and salt together in a small bowl.
- Combine diced onion, mushrooms, soy sauce and garlic and peppercorn dressing together in a separate bowl.
- Fold mashed tofu into onion mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into patties and fry in a skillet preheated with extra virgin olive oil until brown and crispy.
- Serve with lettuce, pickle, tomato, onion, Spectrum’s canola mayonaise and mustard over Alvarado St. Bakery Sprouted Burger Buns.
- Serve with Organic French fries and Brown rice pasta salad.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Diet type: Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.