Recipe: chicken & stuffing
Summary: Hard economic times led me to this dish years ago when my children were small and money was tight. Not only is one pan chicken & stuffing easy to make, it’s cost efficient and leaves little to clean up.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tblspExtra virgin olive oil
- lemon pepper
- garlic salt
- 1 8oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 box of stuffing mix
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- Wash and cut in half 4 potatoes
- Bake potato halves in microwave for 8-9 minutes
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in skillet
- Add a couple shakes of lemon pepper and garlic salt to skillet
- brown both sides of chicken
- In a bowl mix 1 1/2 cups of hot water, 4 tablespoons butter or margrine and stuffing mix.
- place potato halves in baking pan
- Place chicken on top of potato halves
- Spread stuffing mix over the top of chicken drumsticks and potatoes
- wisk cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup hot water together in a bowl
- Pour soup over the top of the stuffing, chicken and potato halves
- Bake in 400 degree oven until chicken is done about 45 minutes give or take depending on your oven
Prep time (duration): 20
Baking time (duration): 45
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.