Dinner is on! I’ve got my crockpot going and there’s a fantastic pork roast smothered by sauerkraut bubbling inside. If you’re looking for an easy dinner recipe that you don’t have to stand over and watch cook then give this a try. Here’s my pork roast and sauerkraut recipe.
Recipe: Pork Roast and Sauerkraut
Summary: Slow cooking at its best
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Pork roast
- 1 large jar Sauerkraut
- Preheat a heavy skillet with about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Season roast with salt and pepper
- Brown both sides of roast in skillet.
- Transfer pork roast to crockpot
- Cover roast with at least 1 large jar of sauerkraut
- Add 1/2 cup water
- Season with more salt and pepper
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or 4-5 hours on high.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: German
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.