Summary: Creamy Chickpeas served over fried jalapeño cilantro Polenta, topped with sour cream and green onions.
- 1 Can of Shelled Chickpeas, strained and rinsed
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Package precooked San Gennero Jalapeño Cilantro Polenta
- Chopped Green Onion
- Sour Cream
- Add Chickpeas and Chicken or Vegetable Stock to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until chickpeas are hot and have absorbed some of the liquid.
- Pour off excess stock.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a sautee pan.
- Add Chickpeas and fry for about a minute.
- Stir in butter and milk
- Add garlic salt and parmesan.
- Simmer until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Slice polenta roll into thin discs.
- Fry in butter until browned and crispy on both sides. Roughly 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve chickpeas over polenta and top with sour cream and chopped green onions.
Substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth and milk with soy milk for vegan alternative.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.