Summary: Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix is the perfect healthy snack. Pumpkin Seed trail mix is high in fiber, bold in flavor and great for hiking and backpacking.
- 1 Cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1 Cup Dried papaya (coarsely chopped)
- 1 Cup Dried pineapple(coarsely chopped)
- 1 Cup Dried cranberries
- 2 Cup Honey
- 1/8 Cup Orange juice
- 2 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl mix together honey, orange juice, cayenne pepper and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Combine walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds and pecans together in a bowl.
- Pour honey mixture over nut mixture and stir until ingredients are well coated.
- Spread flat on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Allow baked nut mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Combine nut mixture, dried papaya, pineapple and cranberries together.
- Sprinkle as much or as little salt on trail mix as desired.
- Store in a cool dry place.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)