Recipe: Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Bok Choy Stir Fry
Summary: A sweet and spicy gluten free chicken stir fry.
Spicy Chicken Marinade
- •6 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- •4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- • 4 tsp honey
- • 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- • 1 Tbsp ground red pepper flakes
- • 2 Tbsp corn starch
- • 1 lb skinless, boneless, chicken breast
- • Canola oil spray
- • 6-7 baby bok choy stalks julienned, leaves ribboned
- • 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- • 1 Thai Red Dragon pepper chopped
- • 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- • 2 cups pineapple cubes
- • 3 small green apples, julienned
- Whisk together 6 Tbsp soy sauce, 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar, 4 tsp honey, 2 Tbsp sesame oil, 2 Tbsp corn starch, 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes in a medium-sized bowl to make the spicy chicken marinade. Pour half of the marinade into another bowl and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Spread chicken into a glass pan in a single layer.
- Pour one half of the marinade over the chicken making sure to cover all the pieces. Let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Chop the garlic, rinse and julienne the bok choy, and dice the pineapple.
- Peel and julienne the green apples. Float the apple strips in a bowl of ice water with a touch of lemon to keep them from turning brown.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Spray the tin foil with oil.
- Spread cubed chicken on the baking sheet and bake in the oven until chicken is no longer pink.
- Preheat a skillet or wok for around 2 minutes without any oil in it.
- After about 2 minutes coat the inside with about 1 Tbsp sesame oil and continue to heat for another minute.
- Toss in the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and some soy sauce.
- Stir fry this mix for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the bok choy stalks, pineapple, red dragon peppers and apples, stir frying for another 3 more minutes.
- Add the chicken and 2nd half of the marinade, stirring until it starts to glaze.
- Add the ribboned bok choy leaves and fry until wilted.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Diet (other): Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.