Recipe: Spicy Bok Choy Salsa
Summary: Quick and easy spicy salsa made with bok choy
- 3 stalks baby bok choy
- 1/2 chopped purple cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup homemade salsa
- 10 slices of pickled jalapeños
- 1 small diced tomato
- 1 lime
- Cut bottoms off of baby bok choy
- cut leaves off of bok choy stalks
- Using a food processor mince bok choy stalks and peel and mince carrot and mince pickled jalapeños but do not mince together.
- In a bowl add minced bok choy, carrot, purple cabbage, cilantro, tomato, jalapeños and salsa.
- Squeeze the juice of half of the lime into salsa.
- Toss ingredients together.
- Serve with pita chips or corn tortilla chips
Pickled jalapeños are olive green and are typically labeled as jalapeño nacho slices.
If you like the green leafy part of bok choy you can chop it up with the cilantro and add to the salsa.
The amount of cilantro and lime you add to the recipe is entirely dependant on how much cilantro and lime you like. I like a lot so I use an entire lime and about 3/4 of a bunch of cilantro.
Instead of bok choy you can use a package of cole slaw mix or mince up a fresh head of cabbage.
If you don’t want to make homemade salsa the next best thing is to buy Hernandez salsa in the can. You’ll need to look for the mexican food aisle in your grocery store as this is an authentic style of salsa and is not the same thing as Pace Picante sauce. In a pinch Pace Picante sauce will work but really that’s just ketchup with chunks.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Gluten free, sugar free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.