Summary: A simple way to prepare crab legs without stinking up your kitchen.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch salt
- 5 pounds crab legs
- Apple Wood Chips
- Soak wood chunks in water to cover at least 2 hours before cooking time.
- Light a fire in the smoker and let it burn for about 20 minutes or so until you get some nice coals.
- Drain wood chips, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to fill line.
- Stir together butter, garlic and salt.
- Brush crab legs with half of the butter mix; set aside remaining butter.
- Arrange crab legs on the smoker and cover with lid.
- Smoke crab legs for about 20 minutes.
- Use remainder of butter mixture to dip in
Cooking time (duration): 20
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
5 pounds frozen king crab legs, thawed
4 frozen lobster tails, thawed (about 2 pounds)
Soak wood chunks in water to cover at least 30 minutes.
Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes. Drain chips, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker; add water to fill line.
Stir together butter and next 4 ingredients. Divide lemon-butter mixture in half. Crack crab legs, and split lobster tails. Brush lobster and crab with half of mixture; set aside remaining mixture.
Coat rack with cooking spray; place in smoker. Arrange crab legs and lobster tails on rack; cover with grill lid. Smoke crab about 20 minutes and lobster about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until flesh is white and firm.