Spicy Chicken Wonton Tacos
Recipe: Spicy Chicken Wonton Tacos
Summary: A tasty alternative to mexican beef tacos. This recipe came about because I fell in love with Applebee’s Spicy Chicken Wonton Tacos but didn’t want to spend $8.99 for 3 itty bitty tacos. This recipe tastes just like Applebee’s and makes a lot more than 3.
- 6-8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts, Grilled
- 1 Tablespoon Stir Fry Oil
- 1 Package of Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/4 cup diced Red Onion
- 1 4 oz can diced jalapeños
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Asian Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 package square wonton wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- In a bowl mix together cole slaw mix (but do not use the cole slaw dressing that comes with it), cilantro and dice red onion.
- Strain can of diced jalepenos making sure to eliminate as much of the juice as possible.
- Add jalepenos to cole slaw mix.
- Pour Asian Vinaigrette into cole slaw mix, you won’t need much. Use an amount that makes the cole slaw taste the way you want it. I use about 1/4 of a cup or less.
- Stir cole slaw mixture together until all ingredients are well combined and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Grill Chicken breasts and cut into small cubes.
- In a preheated skillet warm up stir fry oil.
- When oil is hot add chicken and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Fry for about 2 minutes or so until chicken is hot and coated in stir fry oil.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add 1 cup of vegetable oil to the pan.
- Place a “strip” of cubed and fried chicken in the center of a wonton wrapper and fold the wrapper so that it resembles a taco.
- Fry wonton wrapper with chicken inside for about 30 seconds or so until wonton wrapper is golden brown and crispy.
- Top each taco with cole slaw mix and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
- Give everyone a lime wedge to squeeze over their tacos.
Everyone has their own Asian Vinaigrette that they like. For this recipe I use Tamari Sesame Gluten Free Asian Dressing.
Cooking time (duration): 30 minutes to an hour depending on your grilling skills.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner, snack, lunch or hor’dourves
Recipe by on.
Microformatting by hRecipe.